Parents want their children to appreciate things and the best way to help them learn to appreciate the people and things around them is to set an example.
You probably remind your children to say "thank you" but encouraging gratitude can be as simple as saying "thank you" to your children. Commit to finding at least one thing each day to thank your children for. For example, thank them for:
- Listening and doing what you ask.
- Showing good manners when friends and neighbors arrive.
- Setting the table or other assigned chores.
- Working hard on homework.
- Helping a friend or relative.
Source: The Parent Institute