On Tuesday, March 2, WDCSD voters will decide whether to extend the district's Physical Plant and Equipment (PPEL) Levy.
Polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Poll locations are listed at the bottom of this page.)
This levy has been in existence in our district since 2012 and if it passes it will mean a continuation of PPEL funds for our school system.
What does the district do with PPEL funds? The revenue generated by this levy are used for many things including:
- Purchasing school busses
- Roof repair and replacement on our school buildings
- Boiler replacement
- Computers - including our recent one to one technology initiative at CHS and WDHS
- Cameras and building security equipment
- Vehicle purchases
- Many other building repair needs including flooring, windows, and interior remodeling
None of the revenue from the PPEL Levy can be used for salary and benefits, utilities, instructional materials and supplies, or diesel fuel.
Passage of this levy will not increase the PPEL levy rate. If passed, the proposed PPEL levy rate will remain the same as the rate that was passed in 2012. That rate is $1 for every $1000 of net assessed taxable valuation.
The overall tax levy rate in our school district is currently $11.23 which is well below the state average rate of $13.13. We work hard each year to ensure we are using our resources effectively and efficiently to keep our tax rate down.
If the PPEL levy does not pass, the district will have to spend general fund dollars to purchase busses and repair and maintain our facilities. Using general fund dollars in this way greatly reduces the dollars we have available to support student instruction and achievement.
The PPEL levy protects the ongoing investment of taxpayer resources into the district’s many buildings, sites, vehicles, and equipment.
Please take time to vote on Tuesday, March 2nd.
(polls will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.)
- Cascade Memorial Gym
- Peosta Community Center
- Luxemburg City Hall
- Dyersville Social Center
- Farley Memorial Hall
- Epworth Council Chambers
- 4th Precinct: Butler and Otter Creek Townships & part of Zwingle
- St. Lawrence Comm. Hall - Otter Creek in Zwingle
- 5th Precinct: Brand & Monmouth Townships & Monmouth & Baldwin Cities
- Baldwin Fire Station in Baldwin
Delaware County (Precinct #1)
- Cascade EMS Center in Cascade