|In order to make the first years of teaching successful, teachers will participate in a mentor/mentee program for the first two years of employment. The goals of the program are the following:
- Promote excellence in teaching
- Enhance student achievement
- Build a supportive environment within the district
- Increase retention of promising beginning teachers
- Promote personal and professional well being of classroom teachers
Our program is designed around a series of professional activities many of which were developed by Keystone AEA and the state of Iowa. We will also include professional readings from What Great Teachers Do Differently by Todd Whitaker and the 8 Components of Continuous Improvement. The district’s Director of Curriculum and Instruction serves as the mentoring program’s District Facilitator.